Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sods Law & Blog Envy


Sods Law isn't it, I rant about adverts and the ranting post doesn't have any. Would it be more ironic if it had?

Oh dear, oh dear. I've just been to a very very good blog.

Ah Yes, Medical School has interesting links, loads of comments and, most importantly of course, an absolutley riveting blog. Check it out.

Unfortunately, I'm now left with a 'My blog's going to be so crap compared to that' feeling.

Damn, is this what happens? Do people find the whole blog thing, get really enthusiastic about having somewhere to air their thoughts, feelings, life, general drivel and then stumble across someone who actually has an interesting life and something to say and think to themselves 'I can't do that.' and quit?

More importantly, am I going to do that? That would show a certain lack of conviction wouldn't it?

Anyway, I figure the best thing to do would be to never, ever read that blog again. Don't even mention it. In fact I would go so far as to tell everybody else not to read it as well. This page'll be a kind of blog 'Village' where the outside world doesn't exist. I suppose that means I've got to rope in a few people to be virtual blog 'monsters' to dissuade anyone from reading these more interesting blogs. If anyone mentioned another blog in the comments these 'blogsters' would write really critical, harsh comments about it.

Anyone who fancies being a blogster let me know.

Oh yeah, if you haven't seen 'The Village' and I've just ruined the movie for you, don't worry about, it's crap, trust me, a poor excuse for a movie. 'Sixth Sense' I loved, 'Unbreakable' Great movie, although I appear to be the only one of my circle of friends that did like it. Hmm. 'The Village' = just plain silly.


39 comments! 39! I'm beginning to wish that the advertisers would come back just so I can open my page and say 'Look, 20 people thought my blog was 'Great!!!!' Ooh look how popular I am' and 'Wow, investing in a company that makes eyelash curlers for chihuahuas (sp?) sounds like a great idea.'

Ok, maybe not. But I am considering getting a Hit Counter. Pure narcissism of course which would backfire in the most sweetly ironic way when I realise that my hit counter only records the fact that no one has visited. lol

I like the thought of that. I'm definitley going to get one now.

For someone with a hangover I've rattled on quite well this morning. However, hunger is now propelling my thoughts to the kitchen and my nicotine addiction is pushing my body towards the shops for some fags. Choices choices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home