Friday, January 20, 2006

Boys and Girls qnd Ex's

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the weird world of GROWN UP DATING!!!

Man, things have got a little fucked up today.

Pete rings me at work, ‘What are you doing tonight? Fancy coming round and helping me tidy up my house?’ To explain he’s in the middle of renovating a house they just bought.

‘Ok’ says I because a) Pete and Mary are my two best friends and I like to help them out and b) I owe them.

Pete comes round about 6ish and says ‘Actually what I really came round for was that I needed to tell you something that had been fucking me off all day’

I’m intrigued now.

Ok, this is going to take a bit of explaining, it’s all going to get a bit soap opera but bear with me because, well because you don’t have much choice frankly (unless your from Blogexplosion in which your time should be up just about…….now!).

Ok. Miss Potential’s ex (whom she dated for about 3 months) works at the same place as Pete. Pete found out today that when Miss P had not gone into work on Saturday it had actually been her ex that’d phoned in sick for her. What she’d texted me was ‘I’m throwing a sickie’ and then when I’d suggested that we could meet up and take advantage of her ‘sick’ day she’d said that she was off to see family. ‘Fair enough’ I’d thought at the time and left it at that. It would seem that that had been a lie. Not good.

Also the subject of a ‘ring’ had come up. This was while Pete was in earshot but the ex doesn’t know that I’m dating Miss P or that I’m Pete’s mate. Now here’s where things get a little weird. Shortly after we our night Miss P had suggested the use (and had actually stated that she’d been out and bought) a cock ring. This was mostly a humorous comment on my performance on our first night together (see Blind Dates and Captain America below) but I said that I’m willing to try anything twice. Which is true by the way, I have my limits but I’m fairly open-minded about stuff like that.

Are you beginning to see my dilemma?

Ok, worst case scenario. Miss P spent Friday/Saturday with her ex, they used a cock ring came up and the subject came up (excuse the pun) re: me(because of the texts) and her ex thought it would be funny to bring it up in the presence of someone he thinks knows who is seeing her. Earlier on he’d also come up to Pete and, aggressively, said ’I want a word with you!’ but it’d never happened for whatever reason. So when I met up with Pete the situation was like this.

This is scenario is not good on so many levels.

  1. Miss P is a cold hearted bitch who is perfectly willing to sleep with someone and then pretend that they like them.

  2. That she’s perfectly happy to play games with peoples hearts and emotions even, or especially when they’ve expressed a genuine interest beyond the physical.

Not looking good is it?

Pete hates her ex, not because he’s Miss P’s ex but because he’s a twat. A fifty-something who hasn’t grown out of the playground. A clingy bastard.

Which casts another light on things.

As do the texts I sent her tonight.

Basically, I was stressing. I know, that’s not unreasonable. I desperately wanted to say ‘WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH YOUR EX!!!!’ (and trust me, I don’t use multiple exclamation marks lightly).

Instead the text conversation went like this:

Yours truly: ‘Hi Gorgeous [I say that to all my female friends]. Thought I’d drop you a quick line, well just because really. Ok, I’m trying to think of what we can do next week? Do you fancy trying my cooking?’

Miss P: ‘That sounds ok. What are you thinking of doing?’

(For pure comedy factor I replied)

Yours truly: ‘Well I was thinking of cooking you a nice meal, dazzling you with my charm and wit, and seducing you, basically.’

Miss P: ‘I like my steak rare. If seduction is on the cards plenty of booze then!’

Yours truly: ‘LOL! A woman after my own heart! I love it.’

Now, I don’t think I’m that naïve but that doesn’t sound to me like a bitch who’s prepared to fuck a guy over emotionally at all. What that sounds like is a woman who wants to have a laugh and a good time with me.

So, the texting is all good.

To cast a totally different light on the situation, I do know that the ex is a really possessive, insecure git.

So, we are left with scenario number two.

Her insecure ex was round at Miss P’s house on Saturday morning (reason uncertain), he had a ring (an actual ring not a sex toy) and proposed in order to win her back. Miss P refused and told him that she was seeing a friend of Pete. He freaked because he’d already told his friends about the ring and when it fell through they took the piss out of him (within earshot of Pete).

In all honesty, scenario 2 is the one I’m emotionally attracted to for obvious reasons, but any comments on this would be welcome. I’m going to drop by her work on Saturday (Yes that was already on the cards before this) but I really don’t know whether to bring this up then or at our next date or even at all.

For me, it’s honesty that’s the key. Give me the facts (good, bad or indifferent) and let me make my own decision. If Miss P is still involved with her ex then I want to know so that I can make my own mind as to whether I want to stay in the relationship. Without honesty there is nothing.

Another long post.

Good Night Readers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home