Sunday, January 22, 2006

Possibilities and Miss Potential

Beep…Babeep…Beppity…Beep

(Ok, so that’s a crap impression of a news ticker – so sue me)

News update from the relationship front.

Everything appears to be cool.

I dropped by Miss Potentials’ work today and there were a number of things that have made me think that scenario 1 (Boys and Girls and Ex's) is lot less likely than scenario 2.

She was pleased to see me. A very good sign.

She was quite happy to interrupt her work to come over and chat while I had coffee and cake. Another very good sign. Mainly because her ex, Mike, works in the store that contains the Starbucks Miss P is in. If there was an issue with Miss P about being seen with me I didn’t get that vibe at all and I can be a pretty hypersensitive if there’s a trust issue involved (I realise it’s a flaw in me, I’m working on it.).

It was basically really good to see her again and it felt good too.

Unfortunately, she was working late and I had to go and check out a new flat so we couldn’t do lunch but I went away satisfied nonetheless.

We had an interesting text exchange about an hour ago which has brought up an issue that I didn’t think would arise until much further down the line i.e. some time after the second/next date at least!

She was concerned about the possibility that she may have gotten pregnant as a result of our first encounter. A pretty straightforward question (she was at her brothers’ house and pretty drunk) I thought and said so. The chance was very slim indeed considering my condition at the time (pissed as a packrat mainly – Blind Dates and Captain America).

I joked that it wouldn’t be such a bad thing to which Miss P asked ‘Do I want to be a daddy?’

Well, this is getting a bit deep and meaningful for text messaging. I didn’t really want to get into the discussion like that so I just said that several people have said I would make a great dad. Which is true, they have, it’s something really nice to hear but also very weird. How do they know?

Miss P replied by telling how much she wanted to feel my lips again.

My reply is none of your business. ;-)

In case you’re wondering, yes I really do want to be a father, I want a child that I can nurture and protect and cherish in all the ways that I feel were missing from my own childhood. It’s something I’ve found myself thinking about more and more these last couple of years. A side effect of hitting 30 I suppose.

Trouble is, I also wonder how the hell I could fit a child in whilst also continuing to follow my dream/ambition/destiny to become a psychotherapist. I mean that could take anything up to 4 years with at least two where I’ll barely be able to earn anything and that’s only if I can find a way of being able to afford it this year.

Choices, choices.

5 Comments:

Blogger the cloned corpse of marcus tal said...

May I write a poem about your blog ?

1:46 pm  
Blogger Sugar said...

Just go with the flow honey.....it's the best plan, you fight against it and it'll drag you along anyway :)
First impressions...you seem like a nice guy ;)

4:43 pm  
Blogger Journeyman said...

To Cloned: A poem? Ok, go for it. In all honesty the thought of that scares me a bit (a lot). Not sure why. But this year is about taking risks so yeah, I'd love to see it.

To Evie: Very good advice and I try to I really do, it's just that my emotions tend to have a habit of sneaking up on me and clocking me round the head with something heavy. :-) Thanks for the compliment, I'm not all nice tho! :-)

12:40 am  
Blogger Sugar said...

Well that's good, 'cos all nice can be bad! lol
As for your questions, they are not me in the pictures (I wish)nor am I the artist, I tend to go with pictures that speak to me, tell a story....yesterday I was angry, hence the comment with the picture...usually my comments are a little more playful ;)

8:08 am  
Blogger ozymandiaz said...

I've always said there are two things people can earn with me, my trust or my disrespect. The trust seems a harder one to earn these days. I hope all works out well with the her working near her ex and all. oh, and keep a friggin' rain coat with you, if you know what I mean. Safety first...

1:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home