Monday, January 30, 2006

We're Sorry To Announce That The Flight To Romance Has Been Delayed By Approximately 7 Days

Well, the date was cancelled.

But I’m still hanging in there. It was her lad having some major strop that meant she had to leave work early and the possibility of going out, or me going round there, was out of the question. I wished her luck with her boy and asked her to drop me a line.

So it was Aberdeen Angus rump steak for one.

Arse.

Went to a mates instead and got hammered on a ¼ - ¾ mix I made of the dessert wine and sparkling Cava I’d bought for the date. It was a reasonably recovered night.

We’ve sort of provisionally rearranged for next Saturday but I remembered afterwards that my next training session is that day. I come out of them pretty emotionally stirred up and in need of some time to myself to process the day. Not really conducive to the sparkling fount of wit and charm I usually am (haha).

Well there is only two options, either I fake it. In which case I slap on my happy mask and try to act my way through the date, which would be fine if there wasn’t alcohol involved. Or I stay true to how I’m feeling, let Miss Potential know that I may not be the sophisticate she was hoping for (haha again) and see how it goes. Hmmm…risky strategy definitely but, you know, I think I’m going to go the honesty route.

I keep saying that I want to see where this relationship goes, well what direction would it head off in if I felt I couldn’t show the least small part of my true self?

4 Comments:

Blogger Sugar said...

Revealing your true self takes time, trust and acceptance...but alcohol certainly helps...or is that hinder???

6:18 pm  
Blogger ozymandiaz said...

The truth can be a heavy and cumbersome thing. It never looks the same from any two sides. I find it is best to throw it down, look over the shatterd peices and find the prettiest ones and present them ;-). Is that cynical?

8:01 pm  
Blogger Journeyman said...

Hmmm...I agree Evie, revealing the truth of ourselves can only usually be done in a safe environment, what I want to avoid is concealing myself so much in an attempt to put across a 'good' image I get lost in it.

Ozy, the truth can be the weightiest burden of all but I also think that those people who can be true to themselves are the most unburdened. I'm thinking of your comment on 'Descent...' here.

9:16 pm  
Blogger Sugar said...

Why would you wanna conceal yourself at all? What is it you are hiding, wot part of you do you need to keep for yourself?

9:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home